Edelstein Celebrates 50- Our Community Impact
One of our priorities here at Edelstein is giving back to the community. It is something that has been woven into our firm’s fabric for 50 years ago. Over the years, our participation and events have grown and evolved.
We have proudly worked with Building Impact, an organization that aligns activities to office and apartment buildings. Building Impact strengthens communities by providing individuals and companies with the knowledge and opportunity to volunteer, donate, and connect in the buildings where they work or live. Our partnership with Building Impact allows us to serve a variety of communities in need through in office events and out of office activities. For seven years, we have been awarded the Gold Impact Award in acknowledgement of our commitment to community serving efforts.
Some of our firm’s earliest community service activities included involvement at:
- Cradles to Crayons,
- Boston Food Bank,
- New England Center for Homeless Veteran’s,
- Franklin Park Zoo, and
- The Harbor Islands.
Currently, we host in office activities nearly every month of the year. These activities range from preparing seedling kits for the Boys and Girls Club, to making no-sew fleece blankets for Boston’s homeless population. We enjoy the creative opportunity to come together with our peers and help those in need.
This year, we wanted to have an even greater impact in recognition of our anniversary. We committed to 5 large scale community serving events to take place throughout the year. The first of the five events took place in January at The Pine Street Inn in which we sponsored a Chop-A-Thon. Our group of nearly 30 volunteers peeled, chopped, diced and prepared 1,100 pounds of food to be used for dinners in the coming days. Here are the events that we have on tap:
- May 24th: We’ll head to Cradles to Crayons for an afternoon of sorting children’s clothing, games, books, activities, etc.
- June 21st: We’ll take part in the MSCPA’s Day of Service by traveling to the New England Base Camp in Milton to prepare the camp for its weeks of summer activities.
- September 22nd: Join us as we walk to end childhood cancer with St. Jude’s. Our team is excited to welcome not only staff and family members but friends of the firm as well to join Team Edelstein.
- December: Tis the season for holiday giving and we’ll be wrapping gifts for organizations collecting presents for children who may otherwise not receive them.
We’re excited to have a full calendar of events focused on giving back to the community. Be sure to follow our blog posts and social media pages to read more as we take part in these activities. Additionally, take a look back at our blog posts from previous months to learn more about our 50 years as a firm.