Our clients and peers know us as leaders in the corporate world with a top-tier reputation. The same is true of our involvement in our civic, charitable and professional communities. We do more than just join. We lead.
We strive to become officers, board members and committee chairs wherever we serve. This level of involvement benefits our clients by enhancing our network of resources (including international accounting firms); strengthening our leadership skills; keeping us current on the most recent and anticipated changes in business, accounting and the legislative and regulatory environment; and enabling us to advocate for positive change.
Here are a few of the organizations our members lead:
- AGN International, Ltd., is a leading global association of accounting and consulting firms. Edelstein & Company is one of 51 members in North America.
- The Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) provides continuing education, networking opportunities and many other resources for individual CPAs and CPA firms throughout Massachusetts. Bill Mahoney, Edelstein’s Managing Partner, became the Chairman of the Board of Directors on May 14, 2014.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) sets ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for private companies, nonprofit organizations and federal, state and local governments.
- The Private Companies Practice Section, a membership section of the AICPA, offers targeted training programs and other resources geared specifically to firms that serve privately-held companies.
- The Medical Group Management Association is a national association devoted to improving the effectiveness of medical group practices and the knowledge and skills of the individuals who manage and lead them.