Bethany focuses her attention on individuals and their families by understanding the client’s needs and what drives them. Bethany strives to help her clients through proper tax compliance and planning strategies. Many of Bethany’s clients seek advice on unexpected tax issues, financial planning, foreign filings, wealth transfers, and retirement planning.
With Bethany’s experience, she is able to spot issues before they become problems for her clients. She is passionate about providing great customer service and being attentive to her clients. Clients consider Bethany an approachable, trusted advisor for all their tax compliance and planning needs.
Bethany began her career at a nationwide CPA firm in 2012 and came to Edelstein in 2015. As a manager in the firm’s Tax Group, Bethany provides tax planning, tax compliance, and reporting services for individuals, trusts, and investment partnerships. Specifically, Bethany serves high net-worth individuals, including entrepreneurs, investment managers, attorneys, and venture capitalists.
HOW BETHANY CAN HELP
- Supervise tax compliance
- Prepare tax projections
- Handle multi-state reporting
- Provide advice on estate, wealth, and retirement planning
- Ensure compliance with foreign bank account reporting
- Resolve IRS and state notices, including late filing penalties, failure to file, etc.
- A client had been filing their tax return themselves. Once Bethany analyzed prior year returns, she was able to determine that the credit for state taxes paid in the client’s residence state was not correct. Bethany was able to amend the tax return and ultimately saved the client over $100,000.
- Assisted a client with determining a sale of stock qualified as Section 1202, resulting in an immense tax savings.
- Supported multiple clients under audit by various taxing authorities. In the end, the audits resulted in positive outcomes for the client with no additional tax payment required.
- Provided guidance for clients who moved overseas. In regards to the international move, Bethany informed the client on specific issues and concerns to help make the transition easier. The client felt knowledgeable and was able to trust Bethany with their tax and financial needs.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy running, skiing, being active, and spending time with my friends and family.