David is an Audit Partner and serves as Edelstein & Company’s Assurance Practice Leader, and has more than 22 years of financial reporting experience serving publicly and privately held businesses ranging in size and state of maturity – from venture capital/private equity backed emerging companies to publicly traded global enterprises.
David has extensive experience in various industries including real estate, hospitality and construction, and government/public sector.
Real estate, hospitality and construction clients have included public and private real estate investment trusts, partnerships, and joint ventures, investing in hotel, senior living, commercial office, multi-family, renewable energy (wind and solar), agriculture and timber assets, and real estate operating and development companies. David has been involved in the raising of billions of dollars of equity and debt capital via IPOs and secondary financings, completing acquisition due diligence, and resolving complex accounting and reporting matters.
Government and public sector clients have included various education focused non-profits, a major United States port authority with extensive airport, cruise port, commercial port, and land holdings and is one of the largest port authorities in the United States and the world.
David was previously Partner and Market Leader (Energy) and Senior Real Estate and Government/Public Sector Partner in Ernst & Young LLP’s Northeast Region. David is also a former adjunct instructor of accounting and finance at Boston University’s Metropolitan College.
HOW DAVID CAN HELP
- Advise on complex accounting and reporting issues related to revenue recognition, impairment, business combinations, cost capitalization and fair value reporting
- Execute efficient and cost-effective assurance services reporting under generally accepted accounting principles, the federal income tax basis of accounting or international financial reporting standards
- Evaluate accounting systems and internal controls and provide recommendations as to their design and operating effectiveness
- Provide transaction support and acquisition or sell-side due diligence services
- Provide audit readiness and support services