Gino helps nonprofits — including public charities and private foundations throughout New England — handle complex accounting and business issues. He provides trusted guidance and helps implement start-up related functions, tax planning and federal and state tax preparation, including:
- Multiple state information returns
- Foreign filings
- Annual reports and
- IRS and state notices
In addition, he counsels private foundations and prepares individual tax filings. Gino also helps private foundations manage their minimum distribution requirements and avoid self-dealing.
Gino began his career at Edelstein & Company in 2000. As a principal in the firm’s Nonprofit Group, Gino provides tax planning, start-up and dissolution and compliance and reporting services to nonprofits of all sizes. During tax season, Gino also provides tax preparation services for individuals and trusts.
HOW GINO CAN HELP
- Register new nonprofits at the federal and state levels
- Dissolve nonprofits with ceased operations
- Merge separate organizations
- Provide tax planning for private foundations ,including calculation of the required minimum disbursements and the 1%/2% tax rate
- Ensure compliance with foreign bank account reporting
- Resolve IRS and state notices, including late filing penalties, failure to file, etc.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy boating and spending time at my house on Lake Winnipesaukee. I'm also devoted to refereeing Massachusetts high school and college football.