As a manager in the firm’s Audit and Assurance Group, John plans and executes assurance engagements for both privately held commercial entities and nonprofit organizations. John works closely with his clients to ensure their engagement needs are met and performed to the highest quality standard.
Through his time at Edelstein & Company LLP, John’s clientele includes entities in the following industries: broker-dealers, investment funds, machinery manufacturing, retail, construction contractors, software development entities, community development entities, grant foundations, historical preservation foundations, museums, religious organizations, mental health organizations, and schools.
In addition, John performs various nonattest services such as:
- Outsourced CFO Services, including but not limited to: Design and Implementation of Control Processes, Implementation of Recent Accounting Pronouncements, and Reconciliations of Financial Statements Line Items to Help Clients with Audit Readiness Needs,
- Financial Statement Preparation Services,
- Fund Accounting Allocations for Investment Fund Partnerships,
- Sales and Meals Tax Calculations for Small Businesses,
- Federal and State Excise Tax Calculations for Massachusetts-Based Breweries, and
- Federal and State Reporting Requirements for Nonprofit Entities.
At Edelstein, John is actively involved in the development process of firm personnel by running internal presentations on audit standards, department practices and processes, and new technology implemented for department use.
John began his career at Edelstein in September 2015 after graduating from Providence College the previous Spring. Prior to joining Edelstein, John had an internal finance role at a Wall Street based financial news outlet.
HOW JOHN CAN HELP
- Audit, review, compile, or prepare financial statements to satisfy financial reporting needs for clientele
- Preparation of financial statements and required disclosures for regulatory compliance
- Agreed-upon procedure engagements including custody examinations
- Assist clientele with complex accounting transactions or implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Monthly allocation preparation for investment fund partnerships
- Calculate and report required sales, meals, excise taxes to federal and state authorities
- Implementation of inventory tracking system for manufacturing clientele
- Preparation of federal and state information returns for nonprofit entities
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
John enjoys traveling to explore unfamiliar places, food, customs.
John “tries” to swim daily for exercise.
John loves movies and currently runs a weekly movie club with new and old friends.
John looks for anyone to discuss Formula 1 on Mondays after a race weekend.