Privately-owned businesses, physician practices and other healthcare organizations rely on Jonathan’s help finding financial and accounting solutions that will assist them in achieving their personal and business goals. Clients look to Jonathan as an invaluable member of their team and their “on-call” CFO. Jonathan handles everyday needs as well as long-term, strategic issues. These include:
- Tax planning and reporting
- Internal controls and
- Contract negotiations
Clients value Jonathan’s personal approach and commitment to their success. They say that he has an ability to balance objective, fact-based advice with a real-world perspective. His ability to build rapport resonates with both new and existing clients.
Jonathan has over 20 years of experience advising owners, CEOs, CFOs, controllers and managers of privately-owned businesses of all sizes and in all phases of development. He helps them maximize operational and financial efficiencies, which translate directly to the bottom line.
Over the past several years, Jonathan has developed an expertise in the healthcare sector, helping physician practices and other healthcare organizations manage their business and financial operations, in addition to tackling the specific challenges facing healthcare practices today.
HOW JONATHAN CAN HELP
- Establish sound internal controls to maximize efficiency and minimize risk
- Analyze and design compensation models
- Monitor revenue through detailed billing reviews
- Evaluate contract affiliations
- Review and negotiate hospital contracts
- Evaluate staffing and the impact on revenue
- Facilitate board meetings
- Develop a strategies to minimize tax liability
- Establish accounting systems and controls
- Analyze costs to identify and prioritize cost-saving opportunities, allocate resources effectively, design smart growth strategies
- Develop strategies to minimize tax liability
- Prepare financial statements, budgets and tax returns and oversee compliance for activities in all states
- A large medical practice needed to re-evaluate compensation, equity structure and benefit plans to ensure fairness to all of its partners. Jonathan proposed the formation of a compensation committee tasked with analyzing the current situation, evaluating options and making recommendations to the entire practice. Recognizing that the process was as important as the end-result, Jonathan spearheaded the committee, building consensus and trust along the way. The partnership unanimously accepted all committee recommendations. With Jonathan’s leadership, the practice turned a potentially divisive situation into a unifying and trust-building experience.
- When a large medical practice outgrew its office space, the doctors needed to decide whether to lease or buy new space and whether it made sense to sell the current building. Jonathan analyzed the various options and associated costs. He then helped negotiate extremely favorable financing terms, avoiding the need for the doctors to invest their own money. The move resulted in improved cash-flow and increased revenue for the practice.
- Upon being engaged by an "S" Corporation in the IT placement industry, Jonathan’s team discovered that the company’s financial statements were poorly constructed and unable to provide valuable data to the owners. The company’s financial statements were redesigned, including the identification of gross profit per placement project. This allowed the client to focus on more profitable areas of the business. Quarterly reviews were instituted to evaluate the value-added financial statements and to collaborate on business decisions.
- Jonathan suggested that his client, a business owner, revisit his various insurance policies, which were put in place many years ago, including disability, life and business overhead insurance. Jonathan determined that given his personal net worth, his client was over insured. His client cancelled several polices, saving over $40,000 in annual premiums. In addition, the client received a large sum in the cash surrender value of one of the life insurance proceeds and was able to invest that cash in much stronger investment options.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy golfing and coaching team sports for my two boys.