Josh comes to Edelstein & Company with 13 years of Fortune 100 experience within the financial services industry, specifically in insurance and investment management. Currently, he is focusing on GAAP and tax reporting relating to investment funds including:
- IRS and state notices
- Foreign filings
- Deal Review: Legal Structure
- Tax reporting under ASC 740
Josh began his career at Needel, Welch & Stone, P.C. (currently BlumShapiro) with a focus on offering accounting and tax services to privately owned businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals. Josh continued his career within private companies, Liberty Mutual Insurance and State Street Bank, providing tax planning and compliance services for both the Corporation and Individual Fund Investors.
HOW JOSH CAN HELP
- Ensure compliance with Investment Disclosure requirements (926, PFIC, 5471, etc.)
- Resolve IRS and state notices, including late filing penalties, failure to file, etc.
- Review of legal partnership structure to ensure tax efficiency
- Calculate deferred tax assets relating to Investments
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy spending time with my family members and watching them compete in multiple activities. My other hobbies include running and jigsaw puzzles.