Liz works to enhance the audit experience for the clients she serves by understanding their business and providing ways to improve their processes. Liz manages clients across a range of industries, including the firm’s broker dealer audits and investment companies. Clients appreciate Liz’s attention to detail and patience during the audit process.
Liz began her career at Edelstein & Company in 2012. As a manager in the firm’s Assurance Group, Liz has worked on a wide range of industries for audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed upon procedures. Liz specializes in audits of broker dealers as well as custody exams for investment advisors.
HOW LIZ CAN HELP
- Oversee audit and review engagements
- Answer questions about accounting guidance and proper recognition of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advise clients on enhancing current accounting processes
- Provide insight on internal control improvements
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Performed mock custody exam procedures under Rules 206(4)-2 and Rule 204-2(b) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 for a client who became subject to the surprise annual exam. Provided advice for improving the exam process and have performed the annual surprise exam since.
- Assisted a non-audit client get through year-end audits without adjustments and prepared external financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Provided audit client with recommendations to improve internal controls and streamline accounting processes.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy gardening and reading. During the summer, I spend the weekends on Cape Cod with my family. I also enjoy attending events put on by the MSCPA for young professionals and women's initiatives.