For over seven years, Mike has provided insight and guidance to clients in the areas of tax strategy and compliance. He has extensive experience with corporate taxation including all aspects of planning, and federal and state tax compliance. Mike has broad experience advising both privately and publicly held companies on a wide range of issues including:
- State nexus analysis
- Tax attribute carryovers and usage including Net Operating Losses, R&D credits, etc.
- Stock options and other compensation issues
- Accounting methods and changes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International planning and reporting
Mike also has significant experience with Accounting for Income Taxes under ASC 740, including financial statement footnote disclosures. Clients come to Mike for assistance in calculating their effective tax rate, their current and deferred provision, and their deferred tax assets and liabilities.
In addition to corporations, Mike also provides tax planning and compliance services for individuals, fiduciaries, partnerships, and closely-held businesses.
Mike began his career at a Big 4 accounting firm in Boston where he stayed for over six years and rose to the rank of manager. He provided a wide array of tax services to corporations in a variety of market segments including manufacturing, technology, energy, and life science.
HOW MIKE CAN HELP
- Prepare federal and state tax returns, along with foreign filings for individuals and businesses
- Prepare tax provision workpapers and footnote disclosures under ASC 740
- Analyze tax consequences of business transactions
- Provide business tax planning and advice on a wide range of issues
- Resolve IRS and state notices, including late filing penalties, failure to file, etc.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Mike enjoys spending time with his family and friends, attending cultural and sporting events in Boston, and running/exercising.