Rashida is determined to provide a service par excellence to her clients. She adds value not only by meeting her client’s current needs but by being proactive in offering strategies to help achieve their advancement goals. She listens closely and understands her client’s needs. She enjoys delving into the weeds of the clients business and help them face challenges with confidence.
Helping clients create a financial strategy to save money and grow their wealth, stay in compliance with the tax regulations while recommending them tax saving approaches, manage their business and personal affairs efficiently are some of the roles she plays on a daily basis. She cherishes the interpersonal relationships that she has created with her clients over the years.
Rashida serves clients in various industries such as – manufacturing, restaurants and hotels, legal and medical practices, construction, and real estate development, management and brokerage services. She helps them achieve corporate and individual goals, comply with tax filings, prepare financial statements, provide attest services and improve business efficiency and profitability. She is their trusted advisor who helps them attain financial security and offers counsel with operation management issues leading to optimal efficiency.
With 30 years of experience now behind her, Rashida began her professional journey with a large regional accounting firm based in Connecticut. Here she worked on audit and tax engagements for various mid to large sized businesses and high net-worth individuals providing her a strong foundation for lifelong proficiency in the accounting arena.
This was followed by her move to Massachusetts and her taking on a CFO position with a multinational start-up company setting up their internal accounting policies and procedures, training staff for implementation of sound accounting practices per FASB regulations, managing and overseeing the financial and operational affairs of the company.
Over the past several years, Rashida continues with her endeavors in public accounting where she is passionate about servicing clients in various industries providing them with strategies to maximize their financial and operational competences, helping them obtain tax and regulatory compliance and attain a secure financial future.
HOW RASHIDA CAN HELP
- Preparation of tax returns and financial statements to ensure compliance
- Provide attest services
- Provide CFO services to track periodically the progress of a business against a measured goal and offer recommendations on cost savings, cash management, internal controls, operational efficiencies, growth strategies and increased profitability
- Prepare compensation calculations for Medical practices on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maximize QBI deduction for pass-through entities and self employed individuals
- Develop tax saving opportunities, philanthropic, and wealth management strategies
- Resolve IRS and state notices with respect to filing discrepancies and payment issues
- Handle tax audits
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Rashida teaches accounting and tax courses to graduate and undergraduate students as an adjunct professor at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell.
In her free time, Rashida enjoys painting and interior decorating.