Bob focuses his practice on helping technology, retail, professional services, manufacturing and other privately held entities with complex accounting and operations issues. While his clients rely on him as a problem solver, audit manager and business consultant, Bob offers far more than accounting and audit management. Bob’s clients consider him a trusted advisor — a resource they can call anytime they have questions, need a reality check or want a reasoned, arm’s length perspective. Bob’s well-rounded background in audit, tax and consulting, allows him to help his clients with their financial and managerial accounting issues and devise practical, cost-effective ways to address them.
Controllers, CFOs, business owners and managers depend on Bob when they need to:
- Prepare for an audit
- Implement new accounting procedures to ensure compliance
- Evaluate potential business transactions to meet their goals
- Cost out and prepare budgets for new projects
- Advise on sound business and financial practices
Bob also helps his clients fill gaps in staffing. He has often stepped in as their acting CFO or controller to keep things running smoothly.
Earlier in his career, Bob had a variety of internships as an undergraduate and, after graduation, held positions at various CPA firms. Bob joined Edelstein & Company in 2008. Initially, he spent most of his time assisting the healthcare team with tax compliance and reporting, accounting and practice management. He also supported the tax and audit teams, which added to his knowledge, skills and experience.
Currently, Bob concentrates on audit and accounting for privately-held organizations and several physician group practices.
HOW BOB CAN HELP
- Audit, review and compile financial statements to satisfy financing requirements
- Develop and implement a system of strong internal controls
- Analyze business transactions to determine the proper accounting treatment
- Develop accounting and financial policies and procedures, budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions or dispositions
- Assist in tax matters relating to tax compliance and tax accrual support for year-end audits.
- Successfully migrated a client’s accounting system to the cloud. Developed policies and procedures to manage an accounting department in a virtual setting and ensured timely and accurate reporting as well as controls for communication and monitoring.
- Analyzed and determined the true cost of running a state-subsidized small business service center which allowed management to see the actual cash required to run the facility above what was received in grants.
- Helped a company implement complex revenue recognition standards to achieve the business’s financial objectives and to satisfy complex regulatory requirements.
- Helped a non-audit client get through year-end audits without adjustments and prepared external financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Assisted various clients develop strong internal reports to better manage cash flow and increase owner compensation.
- Helped a startup properly account for and cost out their production cycle allowing management to determine accurate material reorder points, cost of carrying inventory, and gross profit margins.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I am always checking out new restaurants in the Boston area. I am an adjunct professor at Suffolk University, where I teach financial and cost accounting to undergraduate students.