Clients who hire Tim get much more than a CPA who knows how to complete tax returns and prepare financial statements. They gain an involved business partner who takes the time to understand the issues confronting their company and industry. They get an advisor who develops smart growth strategies that help their business operate efficiently and with increased profitability. He also helps clients obtain financing through his many banking relationships.
Business owners value Tim’s practical advice, his warm and friendly approach and the financial results he helps them achieve year in and year out.
Tim has over 25 years of experience helping closely held businesses operate more efficiently and increase revenue. In addition to helping clients with tax planning and reporting and preparation of financial statements, Tim helps clients establish effective accounting controls and evaluate business opportunities. With particular expertise in the retail food franchise, high-end restaurant, manufacturing and construction industries, Tim is known and respected for his ability to handle highly complex business transactions.
HOW TIM CAN HELP
- Establish sound internal controls to maximize efficiency and minimize risk
- Evaluate staffing and the impact on revenue
- Analyze costs to identify and prioritize cost-saving opportunities, allocate resources effectively, design smart growth strategies
- Develop a strategy to minimize tax liability
- Analyze business and real estate transactions to ensure they are financially sound
- Conduct menu engineering to increase profitability by encouraging purchase of high-profit items
- Evaluate expansion opportunities
- Prepare tax returns and financial statements to ensure regulatory compliance
- A family-owned retail restaurant franchise client needed to refinance its existing debt structure with a local bank. Tim helped the business secure a new loan with a better interest rate and better loan terms, which saved the client approximately $200,000 in annual cash flow.
- An investor wanted financing for the purchase of two new restaurants in the Boston area. Tim used his banking relationships to reduce the interest rate which saved the client approximately $70,000 in interest payments over the life of the loan. Additionally, he reduced the closing costs by 50% and negotiated an initial six-month, interest-only period on the loan, saving precious cash during the crucial opening phase of the restaurant.
- A small family-owned and operated manufacturing company in Massachusetts needed to determine whether they should continue to lease manufacturing space for their business or purchase a building. Tim worked with the client to create a cash flow analysis and future projections of income and cost savings. This ultimately led to the decision that the purchase of the building was in the client’s best interest. By working closely with the client and the banker, Tim was able to structure a deal which allowed the client to successfully purchase a building and move its entire operations into a much better operating facility.
- Tim worked with a cost segregation firm to accelerate the depreciation on a building purchased by a family-owned manufacturing company in Massachusetts. This study saved the client tens of thousands of dollars in up-front tax. This allowed the client to recover their original investment on the property much more quickly.
- A high net worth individual hired Tim to analyze the fees she was charged by her financial advisor to manage her investments. As a result, he discovered errors in the calculation of the fees, and the overall charge on the investments was substantially above the normal rate for the industry. She has since moved her investments to a new, trusted financial advisor, and her annual savings in fees on her investments has been greater than $100,000. The overall performance of her investments has substantially improved, as well.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy fishing and relaxing on my boat.