For over 30 years, Bill has served as a trusted advisor to individuals and businesses. His emphasis is on both tax and financial planning- focusing on strategies for growth. His hands on personal approach has resulted in tremendous client appreciation and retention.
Bill is founder of Edelstein’s Healthcare Team. As a regionally recognized accountant and business advisor to physicians and medical practices, Bill has helped build Edelstein’s healthcare consulting practice into one of the region’s premier physician advisory groups.
Physician groups rely on Bill to provide financial and operational guidance on:
- federal and state regulatory compliance
- compensation and staffing
- managed care contracting
- revenue growth strategies
- cost containment strategies
- tax planning, compliance and reporting for physicians and practices
Bill is also a leader in the accounting profession and community. He is the past Managing Partner of Edelstein & Company and also held the role of Chairman of the Board of the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants in 2015. In this role, Bill played a key role directing the MSCPA’s professional advocacy on Beacon Hill and the career development of its members. Bill serves on the board of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham and is co-chair of the Compliance, Audit & Risk Committee.
HOW BILL CAN HELP
- Conduct revenue analysis to maximize payer reimbursement
- Establish internal controls to maximize efficiency and minimize risk
- Evaluate staffing and space utilization
- Assess and structure physician compensation plans
- Develop a strategy to minimize tax liability for the individual physician and practice
- Prepare tax returns and financial statements to ensure regulatory compliance
- Assist with practice formation, closing or other transitions such as succession planning
- Five Star Investment Professional award winner, 2014, 2016-2018