TaxCaddy: 5 Ways it simplifies tax time
For years, you’ve trusted us to provide tax and accounting services and expert guidance. Like many other businesses, we are restructuring our daily operations to allow the firm’s staff to work remotely and account for the safety of our clients by seeking ways to increase electronic data receipts and deliveries. We do this to adhere to the recommendations of public health officials, protect the safety of our staff, clients and community, and to ensure that there are no disruptions in service. To that end, we’ve adopted a highly secure, digital client collaboration platform called TaxCaddy. TaxCaddy makes it easier than ever to gather your 1040 tax documents and deliver them to us, communicate with us, answer your questionnaire electronically, and sign documents when needed. We’re excited about this powerful solution and we think you will be too.
Here are some tips to streamline the tax return process and minimize stress:
- Review and complete the tax organizer. The organizer provides you with your prior year information and helps your tax professional gather valuable information about you that may impact your tax return.
- Provide electronic documents whenever possible. The electronic tax documents obtained directly from your banks and brokerages are high quality and easy to read, which minimizes errors. Check out the SmartLinks feature to see if this is a good choice for you.
- Respond to communications from your tax professional as quickly as possible. Often our questions just require a short answer to finalize the preparation of your tax return.
- See in real time the open items remaining to complete your return.
- Track estimated tax payments and keep a copy of your tax return accessible year-round.
If you’re one of our valued clients, click here to opt-in to TaxCaddy for your 2020 tax preparation.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions.